I read a lot on Internet that the Naked 2 palette is not as good as the original, as it has more cool toned colors and the palette is not as versatile. But when I went back to the palette (you can check my review on Naked 2 here) and looked at it more closely, I figured that some warm looks can be created with it. The below eye look is one of the warm shimmery looks I made with my Naked 2 palette.
The products used
- Urban Decay Naked 2 palette
- Maybelline Color Tattoo in Bold Gold (totally optional, mine went dry and actually made it difficult for me to blend the colors)
- Loreal Parish Contour Kohl Pencil
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Benefit’s Fake Up Concealer
- Too Faced’s LashGasm Mascara
- Deborah Kore Eyeliner
- NYX Glitzy Gold Slide On Eyeliner
- Sigma E55 Shadow Brush
- Sigma E40 Blending Brush
- BH Cosmetics Angled Blending Brush
- BH Cosmetics Smudge Brush
- BH Cosmetics Small Smudge Brush
How to create the look
- Starting with a clean and moisturised eye (and face), apply UD Primer Potion all over the eye, from brow bone to lash line and below the lower lash line as well and allow it to set for a couple of minutes.
- While the primer sets, apply an under eye concealer under the eye and into the inner corner of the eye if needed.
- Apply Maybelline’s Bold Gold all over the lid with your finger or a concealer brush.
- Line the upper and lower lash line with NYX’s Glitzy Gold eyeliner and smudge with a smudger brush.
- Using the UD’s Naked 2 palette, apply Tease into the crease with a blending angled brush or a normal blending brush.
- Taking Chopper on a Sigma E55 shader brush or any other flat shader brush, pat it on the lid till three fourths of the way.
- Clean the Sigma brush or take a spare shading brush and apply Snakebite into the outer corner of the eye and push the color into the crease about half of the way with the edge of the brush.
- Take a blending brush, blend the color into the crease till the harsh lines are faded. Apply more Snakebite into the outer V and crease to intensify the color.
- Take Bootycall on a small smudger brush or pencil brush and apply into the inner corner of the eye and drag it upwards in to the inner lid just a bit.
- Than with the same clean brush, apply Chopper onto the lower lash line up to three fourths of the way and than Snakebite rest of the way such that it meets Snakebite from the outer corner of the upper lashline.
- Take a smudge brush or flat shader brush and apply Foxy on the brow bone. I did not want a shimmery brow bone so I went with the matte color, one can apply Bootycall on the brow one for a shimmery look.
- The last step is completely optional as the eye look is complete, but if you want to add more pizazz, than apply Half Baked onto the middle part of the lid to give a nice color changing effect, when the light catches the eye.
- Apply the kohl pencil into the waterline as well as into the upper waterline.
- Apply black eyeliner on the upper lash line and wing it if you can. I haven’t learned the winged liner as yet but it certainly helps to make the eye look more dramatic and appropriate for a party event.
- Apply mascara on the lashes. Don’t forget to apply on the upper side of the lashes first to hide the shimmery eyeshadows that have fallen on the lashes. You can see in my pics that I completely forgot to do that and my lashes look more gold than black. LOL
Here is the final look
So, what did you think of this look? Does it change your mind when it comes to purchasing this look? Let me know your views.
Till next time,