I am back as promised with a tutorial featuring the LORAC Pro palette. As I have mentioned before in my review here this is a pretty versatile palette. I haven’t tried many looks with it yet (pssst Vice 2‘s fault!) but I will definitely be featuring more looks with this palette in the near future. I did use two of my favorite shades from the palette in today’s eye look.
Lets get started. For ease of purpose, I will number the shades used for the eye look in the picture below.
Let me say beforehand that the eye model for today’s tutorial was not me, rather my sister-in-law Loveeza. We were actually trying out a party look and this eye makeup is quite suitable for that.
Moving on to the tutorial
- I primed Loveeza’s eyes with Behind the Scenes eye primer and gave it a minute to settle in.
- Taking an angled shader brush, I applied Taupe into the crease. This is a good transition color for blending out the the darker shades that will be applied on the eye lid.
- Using my trusted Sigma E55 shader brush, I patted Gold onto the eye lid from the inner corner to three fourths of the way. This is a highly pigmented shade and a little is enough for opaque application. Using the edge of the same brush I pushed and dragged Gold into the crease from inner corner to three fourths of the way.
- I flipped the E55 brush to use the other clean side to pick up Garnet and apply into the outer corner of the eye in this shape <, and patted it a little bit on top of Gold (the last part of Gold on the lid) to blend out the two colors. I, then dragged this shade halfway into the crease.
- Using a tapered blending brush, I blended Garnet in the crease to create a diffused effect.
- Taking Nude on a pencil brush, I placed it into the tear duct area, to give a brightening effect to the eye.
- One can use Nude to highlight the brow, but I didn’t want a shimmery brow area when the eye makeup was already heavy, so I took the matte shade Cream with another shader brush and placed it below my eye brows.
- To give a little definition and create more drama I took a small amount of Black with a pointed crease brush or pencil brush and lightly applied in this < fashion on the outer portion of the eye, on top of Garnet.
- Taking a small smudger brush I applied Gold into the lower lash line from inner corner upto three fourths of the way. Cleaning the brush, I then applied Garnet into the outer portion of the lash line and blended it into Gold. And lastly, took Black with a clean smudger brush applied Black on top of Garnet in the outer portion of lower lash line. Basically recreating what I did on the eye lid.
- Lastly applied kajal into the waterline and tightline, black eyeliner on the upper lash line and mascara to the upper and lower eyelashes. Also, not to forget, my trusty Fake Up concealer on the under eye area.
And that’s it, we are done.
Here is the finished look
Hope you guys liked this tutorial, and I will definitely come back with more looks from this palette.
Till Next Time, Take Care