Today’s tutorial is featuring the Urban Decay’s Naked 3 palette but one look at the final eye makeup picture and you would think, really? Can this be created with Naked 3? When I saw this look created by the YouTube MUA thatgirlshaexo, it was love at first sight. I knew I had to re-create it with a few minor changes. Naked 3 is mostly a pink palette and you can check my pink eye makeup tutorial here. However with the darker shades, a sultry, smoky eye look can also be created as I have done below.
This is a pretty easy tutorial with a simple technique and I have pointed out the eyeshadows used in the picture below.
Let’s get started
- Started off by priming my eye with Urban Decay’s Primer Potion and allowed it to set for a few minutes. At the same time, I applied my under eye concealer.
- One can use a black base to intensify Blackheart that will be used later on, but I wanted to bring out the red-pink sparkle in it so I used Maybelline’s purple based Pomegrenate Punk all over my eye lid.
- I picked up Limit with my Sigma’s E35 blending brush and applied it into my crease, blending out the edges of Pomegrenate Punk.
- Taking Blackheart on an E55 shader brush, I patted it all over my eye lid upto the crease. I took the same color on an E30 pencil brush and lined my lower lash line with it.
- I, then took Nooner with the E35 brush and applied it into the crease to blend out Blackheart and smoke out the look.
- Finally, I applied Strange all over the brow bone with an E25 blending brush keeping a light hand to not make it over shimmer-y.
- Finished off the look with kajal, eyeliner and mascara. One can use a colored liner on the waterline to give a contrast effect but I prefer my black kajal.
Here is the final look
Hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial. I will be back with more posts.
Till Next Time,