Presenting to you for the next few posts, a series of colorful eye looks featuring the Urban Decay Electric palette (you can check my review on it here). I had a lot fun doing bright blue, green, pink eye makeup with this palette. Of course with the help of a neutral palette, a more subdued look can also be created with this palette. This is my favorite look from this palette. An adaptation of UD’s Peacock look with a few personal changes.
I have marked the eyeshadows I have used for my makeup in the picture below.
Starting with the tutorial itself
- I primed my eyes with Urban Decay’s Primer potion and gave it a few minutes to settle in. At the same time I applied Benefit’s Fake Up concealer in my under eye area.
- Applied a few strokes of NYX’s Jumbo Pencil in Milk on my eyelid and rubbed it in with my finger, creating a white canvas.
- Taking Jilted, a fuchsia berry color, on a E35 blending brush, I applied it in my crease in a windshield wiper motion.
- I took Freak, the neon light green color, and applied it with a Sigma E55 shader brush on the inner one third of my eye.
- Flipping the brush to use the clean end, I patted Fringe, a beautiful shimmery teal color, on the outer two thirds of my eyelid.
- Taking Urban, a dark purple shade, on an E30 pencil brush, I applied it in a near-straight line in my crease to darken and define the eye look.
- Using the E35 brush, with the remnants of Jilted on its bristles, I blurred and blended the edges of Urban out.
- Taking Savage, a hot neon pink color, on the wispy E36 blending brush, I applied it lightly to the edges of Jilted, just below the brow bone.
- Dipped my finger lightly into Revolt, a metallic silver color, I applied it into the tear duct area of my eye.
- Loading the E30 pencil brush with Urban, I lined my lower lash line. Took Chaos, a dark cobalt blue, on the same brush and lined the outer third of my lower lash line with it.
- Since this palette does not have a proper blending or highlighting shade, I took Foxy, a matte beige color, from the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette and applied it on my brow bone area, slightly blending Savage with it too.
- Lined my waterline with Prestige’s Total Intensity black liner, applied Sephora’s Doe-Eyed felt liner on my upper lash line and Too Faced’s Lash Injection mascara on my eyelashes.
Here is the final look
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial. I will be back with more.
Till Next Time